The Verifone VX 520 is a simple credit card terminal that allows you to process payments via ethernet or an analog telephone line.
It can be utilized to accept EMV chip cards, credit cards and a broad range of contactless payment providers, including Apple Pay.
What’s In the Box
The Verifone VX 520 terminal ships with the following items in its box:
- VX 520 Terminal
- Power Adapter
- Telephone line cable
How to Connect the Terminal
To get started you will need to connect your terminal to the internet or a phone line, this is a 7-part process that will enable you to establish a connection with your payment processing company.
- Remove the cover from the rear of the terminal.
- Connect either a phone or ethernet cable directly into it’s marked port (an ethernet connection will be faster).
- Connect the ethernet cable into a port on a router or connect the phone cable into an analog wall jack.
- Connect the power adapter into the black round port
- Plug the power adapter into a power outlet (this will cause the terminal to turn on).
- Put the cover back on the terminal’s rear.
- Push the ‘F3’ button to select ‘SOFTPAY-FDMS’ and navigate to the main menu.
How to Load Receipt Paper
Once you’re done setting up the terminal you can load receipt paper into your terminal so you can begin printing receipts for customers.
To help you get started the Verifone VX 520 comes with a roll of thermal receipt paper.
- Open the printer cover
- Place the paper in the tray with the paper feeding out the bottom towards you.
- Close the printer cover
It’s really that simple!
Maintenance: Verifone VX 520
To help you maintain your new terminal there are some rules you should value.
First, we suggest that you never leave your terminal outdoors or exposed to dust and or water unattended. This will ensure that you don’t accidentally damage your hardware by exposing it to poor conditions.
Second, If you have to turn off the machine for any reason it’s best not to do it during a transaction, this will prevent headaches for both you and your customers.
Lastly, If you do have to repair your terminal it’s best to reach out to Verifone customer service directly, they will be able to tell you the most appropriate step to take.
If you are looking for more in-depth information on the Verifone VX 520 than check out the full guide online from Verifone below.